Job Description – Operational Excellence Evaluator/Practitioner/Coach
Job Type: Hybrid (At least 50% travel expected within the US for US candidates and 50% travel expected for Ireland based candidates within Ireland and to the US) Locations for travel TBD and expenses will be covered.
Trinzo is a Global Medical Device and Pharmaceutical consultancy firm headquartered in Galway, Ireland that specialises in providing our clients, who are Global Leaders in the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Industry with Quality, Compliance, Regulatory Project Management and Operational Excellence (OpEx) expertise.
Trinzo’s Core Values:
- High performance
- Value focused
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Gratitude and humility
The Operational Excellence Evaluator/Practitioner/Coach will work with Suppliers to deliver a collaborative evaluation based on best practice in the area of OpEx and related management systems and practices. The evaluation will provide a basis for identifying the key opportunities to be addressed to enable Supplier stability, improved performance with mutual benefits for the Supplier and the customer OEM across the supply Chain. It will also include support, advice and coaching on resulting improvement roadmap & initiatives as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with Suppliers to agree a schedule and format for a standard Trinzo Supplier evaluation approach v’s Industry best practice(s)
- Provide training and coaching to clients on the approach to be used and the various responsibilities.
- Work on the shop floor and with process owners, management and functions to complete the Supplier evaluations. Noting assessment is focused on effectiveness while evaluation is focused on using that assessment evidence for improvement.
- Engage with in-house stakeholders to ensure there is consensus on the outcomes.
- Overall conclude on current state stability and capability. Identify next step opportunities and their corresponding benefits for Supplier improvement roadmap(s).
- Determine appropriate combination of OpEx tools, processes and systems that will enable the client to realise the resulting improvement roadmap to move to the next level.
- Further support the client in the implementation phases if this is deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science and a minimum of 7 to 10 years’ progressive hands on Engineering/Manufacturing experience with demonstratable results.
- Deep knowledge and experience in OpEx approach; Principles, tools, processes and systems
- Proven track record and high level of Lean Six Sigma expertise (Master Black Belt/Black Belt certification desirable)
- Evidence of successful implementation of lean methodology resulting in improved performance in quality, lead-time and productivity.
- Excellent structured problem solving and analytical skills using scientific methods.
- Evidence based examples & experience using OpEx methodologies to improve shop floor stability & performance.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and impart OpEx knowledge to others, enabling and upskilling them to self-improve.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in delivering demonstrable value in Biomedical OEM’s and/or their Suppliers an advantage.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and influencing skills.
Facilitation & Coaching