Job Title: Business Development Director.
Location: Hybrid / Remote with some travel involved. Candidates must be based in Ireland for this role.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent.
Trinzo is a Medical Device and Pharmaceutical consultancy firm based in Galway, Ireland that specializes in providing our clients, who are Global Leaders in the Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Industry with Quality, Compliance, Regulatory and Project Management experts.
We are seeking a high performing Business Development Director, who can demonstrate an excellent track record of achievement in a Life Sciences environment. The role will require working with senior leadership at Trinzo to develop new sales opportunities and deliver new customers in the Life Sciences consulting arena. We believe that a successful salesperson makes strong connections with new customers and creates long-lasting relationships.
As the Business Development Director, it will be your responsibility to penetrate new target accounts, owning and hitting/exceeding annual sales targets (revenue and margin) within your assigned territory as an individual contributor.
Our ideal candidate is someone with deep Life Sciences (preferably medical device) industry experience who enjoys the challenge of hunting for new business and taking a consultative approach to closing new deals for enterprise clients within complex organizations in the Life Sciences arena.
Experience in selling consulting services to enterprise clients, or experience selling solutions to the Life Sciences industry is strongly preferred.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets (revenue and margin) and expand our customer base in conjunction with Trinzo's sales strategy.
- Build c-level relationships within new customers, acting as the primary point of contact between key clients and internal teams.
- Assess the competitive landscape and institute changes to our value proposition to meet changing macro needs.
- Partner with potential and existing customers to focus on the ever-evolving client product/service requirements and business challenges across the Life Sciences industry to further differentiate Trinzo from our competitors and enhance the overall customer value proposition.
- Develop a thorough understanding of key potential clients' needs and requirements and prepare/present customized solutions as needed.
- Identify industry-specific landscapes and trends and use this intelligence to inform and build differentiation into marketing and proposal collateral.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders on applicable financial planning and performance reporting requirements.
- Maintain records and up-to-date client information on all prospects, target accounts, and new clients through the CRM Tool.
- As needed, be a strong steward / advocate for Trinzo within our existing customer base.
- Maintain and develop the highest standards of client relations & engagement.
- Ensure revenues are in line with company objectives/targets.
- Provide frequent reports on account progress, goals, and forecasts to Trinzo leadership.
- Negotiate contracts/SoW’s with new customers and ensure Trinzo can meet established deadlines for the fulfilment of each client's long-term goals.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in or selling to the Life Sciences industry, preferable in either or both of the Pharma/Medtech or Consulting sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, sales, or a related field.
- To be successful, you should be proficient at building lasting strategic relationships within large, often globally distributed customers.
- You will also need a proven ability to identify, manage and close new business opportunities which solve key customer problems.
- You will also need the ability to manage and serve multiple key accounts without compromising on the quality of services provided.
- Proven ability to build rapport with key clients and operate at C-Level within large organizations.
- Proven ability to understand client needs and build practical solutions to address them.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Strong communicator, communicating in person, over the phone, via email, and across teams.
- Highly organised with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel to client sites both in Ireland and the US, approximately twice a quarter.
Proficient in the following:
- MS Office
- MS Projects
- Working with a CRM system (SFDC)
- Managing budgets and timelines
Trinzo’s Core Values:
- High performance
- Value focused
- Positive, can do attitude
- Gratitude and humility